Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Engaged


My brother in law Lee wrote this song. He mentions in the 3rd verse about a boy selling his favorite toy (my convertible) and buying a diamond ring with it. My mom and dad bought a 1969 Buick Electra Convertible new and gave it to me at 16/17. We worked on it, painted it, etc. But finally traded up.


Patty and I have been married for over 9 years, we were together for 3 before that. We have never broken up, separated, etc. For 12 years it has been US and it has been great! We have had plenty of challenges...
- When we were first married , I was paid $500/month and the electric bill in the house we were living was $400
- Going through school, I was in for 3.5 years solid after we were married
and the biggest, Abby - 188 days in the NICU. There is still not a day that goes by that we don't hurt for her. What can she understand? Why is she upset so much of the time?

Going through life with Patty has/is a pleasing and "good" thing.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Aww. You two inspire us to no end...

James Lee Younger III said...

Whoa! Haven't thought about that house in Cookeville in a long time!!! Man, that was so long ago!! Way to go, you two...