Saturday, February 13, 2010

Namesake...

You might be wondering where the name saturnjunkie came from.  You see I work at NASA and part of my job is to research the Saturn V rocket.  This has become one of my favorite parts of daily work.  To date I have collected over 17,000 pages of drawings and 1,000s of documents.  Of the 2,200 boxes of data saved by NASA from the saturn program, we have only looked through about 500.  You may ask why is this important....well I am working on the Ares Rocket and understanding the design of previous rockets is vital to a good design today. 



Josiah also shares this love of rockets with me...  As you might have heard President Obama is attempting to kill the Constellation program that I am working on.  We really HOPE that this does not happen.  Josiah blurted out the following comments the other day while at McDonald's with my mom and dad..

"We need to pray for Obama, he is making bad decisions".  Well,  J is right we do need to pray for our president, it really has nothing to do with voting or agreeing with him.  It is commanded by scripture to pray for our leaders

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness" 
 --1 Tim. 2:1-2


Here is my bride and Levi.

2 comments:

The Hull Munchkins said...

cute cheeks!

Christy Younger said...

Cool blog, Patrick. I'm with you Pab, I'm lovin' those dimply buns!!