Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Adoption

Our application for an international adoption has been accepted.  This Friday we have the first "in-home"  meeting with our social worker to begin the home study.


A little background: while dating, Patty and I discussed and agreed that we wanted many children.  10+ years later we are blessed with three children... so far.  Throughout our life together, we have often discussed orphans, children, and special needs.   Based on many discussions, prayer, personal history, testamonies of friends who have adopted, literature, and much more, we have decided to seek a child from China.   I would be pleased to discuss it further if anyone would like to, email (patrickandpatty@me.com) or submit a comment and I will respond. 

 I recommend the following book (warning: difficult book to read!)

and Voddie Baucham's sermon on adoption (http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=113101250246)

0 comments: